For a better environment and for a sustainable living, some simple habits can be practiced which will add definite value.
- Plant a tree
- Plant trees whenever possible. This can be a simple garden in our homes or planting trees in public or private land.
- Reduce Reuse Recycle
- Seggregate waste materials and sent it for recycling. At the same time reduce usage of materials and resources and reuse the same.
- Change your bulb
- Change the filament bulbs to energy efficient LED bulbs.
- Rethink bottled water
- Instead of buying bottled water every time, carry a reusable water bottle and fill water from home or appropriate places.
- Get reusable bag
- For shopping, carry a reusable bag along with us. Save material as well as money.
- Fix leaky pipes
- Fix leaky water pipes and save water.
- Use both sides of paper
- Try to use both sides of paper and save paper. While taking print out, print on both sided.
- Reduce paper prints
- If we can avoid paper prints and rather use soft copies, we can reduce carbon footprint.
June 1, 2020