By the level of orientation
- Charitable orientation – activities directed towards meeting the needs of the poor.
- Service orientation – activities such as provision of healthcare, family planning, education etc.
- Participatory orientation – characterised by self help projects where local people are involved particularly in the implementation of a project by contributing cash, tools, land, materials, labour etc.
- Empowering orientation – help poor people to develop a clear understanding of the social, political and economic factors affecting their lives. To strengthen their awareness of their own potential power.
- Professional association – a group of people in a learned occupation who are entrusted with maintaining control or oversight of the legitimate practice of the occupation.
By the level of operation
- Community based organizations
- Created by people’s own interest
- Eg: sport clubs, women’s associations etc.
- To help people and aware them to understand their rights and provide required services
- City wide organisations
- Association of community based organisations
- Eg: chamber of commerce and industry
- National NGOs
- Function is to support local NGOs.
- Eg: Red Cross, YMCAs
- International NGOs.
- Funding to local NGOs
- Implementation of various projects
- Eg: UNICEF
No Comment! Be the first one.