- Specialized and organized branch of management which is concerned with the acquisition, maintenance, development, utilization and coordination of people at work, in such a manner that they will give best to their enterprise.
- Focus is more on development and welfare of employees.
- A continuous process of ensuring the availability of eligible and willing workforce – utilizing the human resources in the most efficient and effective way.
- Wider scope and considers employees as the asset to the organization.
- It promotes mutuality in terms of goals, responsibilities, rewards etc